The handheld tasers (also known as stun guns or a conducted energy weapons) are a tools you should keep on your utility belt when considering use of force choices. This small personal safety device uses high-voltage electricity to provide non-lethal defense, briefly incapacitating your target. The electrical voltage successfully "stuns" the culprit, triggering involuntary muscle spasms to cause them to fall. More than 15,000 police enforcement and military agencies are thought to deploy tasers in the line of duty, and the number is growing every day.
BENEFITS OF OWNING A TASER
- In a dangerous situation, it buys you time :One of the most beneficial features of personal safety equipment is their ability to assist you in controlling and manipulating potentially dangerous situations without resorting to excessive force. The capacity to momentarily incapacitate an aggressive, confrontational, or dangerous person can put you in control of the situation, allowing you to flee, seek for help, or, if required, use lethal force.
- It Reduces Injury Risk: It should come as no surprise that self-defense weapons like tasers can help lower injury risk when compared to lethal-force weapons. Despite their excellent ability to apprehend, CEDs only cause minor or no damage to the great majority of persons (7 percent, according to one research). Of course, using a taser to disable a perpetrator's ability to use a weapon or throw a punch can assist limit injuries to the apprehender.
- It Allows You to shoot from a Safe Distance: You’d be surprised to see how far some taser devices can shoot. For example, some professional models can be shoot from as far away as 35 feet , allowing you to stay out of harm’s way while calming the situation and keeping yourself safe.
- It's less expensive, easier to learn, and safer than a handgun: Tasers are a better option for folks who are new to self-defense because they have fewer laws and a lot more user-friendly design than handguns. CEDs don't require lengthy certificates or instruction to learn, yet they do demand adequate training and rely on accurate aim and precision. Mini tasers can also be obtained for about $15, making them more accessible to the general public. They are also a preferable choice for folks who are not properly educated in personal or community defense strategies because they are non-lethal.
- It immobilizes even the most obstinate suspects: Tasers can immobilize a larger number of suspects than other non-lethal force options. They can, for example, stun persons who are inebriated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who can fight or ignore pain, and who may not respond to other types of self-defense, such as pepper spray.